Since three decades, MAMTA has been strongly leading on community health and development (focusing particularly on children, adolescents and women in reproductive age groups). Further, we are focusing on advocacy with government and international agencies, based on the evidence building from our projects. This has given opportunities to MAMTA to participate in national and international policy formulation particularly on health and development. MAMTA is a technical member in many maternal, child and adolescent health policies and programmes of Government of India. Some of the highlights in this regard are given below.
- Member, Working Group on Reproductive and Child Health for Dai Training, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. (2000)
- Member, Working Group of National Commission on Population on strategies for empowerment of women, development of children and issues relating to adolescents. (2000)
- Member, National Taskforce on Adolescent Health, Indian Academy of Paediatrics. (2000)
- Member, National Technical Committee on Child Health, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Department of Family Welfare, Government of India, to guide the effort towards achieving the National Population Policy Goals. (2001)
- Member for Midterm appraisal of Tenth Five Year Plan for Health Sector, Planning Commission, Government of India. (2003)
- Lead for preparation of operational guidelines for Link Worker Scheme under NACP-III, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. (2006-07)
- Member and draft committee member for 11th Five Year Plan (2007 – 11) as a lead person for Health, HIV and Nutrition. (2006)(2006-07)
- Member and draft committee member for 12th Five Year Plan (20012 – 17) for different sub-groups for Ministry of Women & Child Development and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Member Core Group (lead person) for developing National Strategic Plan on Child Marriage under Ministry of Women & Child Development. (2013)
- Member Innovation Circle on Child Sex Ratio under Ministry of Women & Child Development. (2012-13)
- Member (lead) for Technical Resource Group (TRG) for integration of community involvement strategy in all six thematic area of National Adolescent Health Programme (Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram/ RKSK), 2016 .
- Knowledge Partner, Uttar Pradesh state health policy (2017) under Government of UP.
- Member, United Nations Population Fund Core Committee on Adolescent.
- Member, Technical Steering Committee of WHO, Geneva, on Child and Adolescent Health (2003 – 05)
- Member Strategic and Technical Advisory Committee for HIV/AIDS (STAC-HIV), Department of HIV/AIDS, WHO, Geneva. (2007-09)
- Core Member, International Prevention Reference Group on HIV, Geneva, UNAIDS (2009-10)
- Member, Regional Expert Group on Pre-conception Care for SEARO, WHO (2013)